Tuesday 17 October 2017

Reality of NGOs


REALITY OF NGOs
About 10 years ago, I wanted to do voluntary work for any good NGO involved in welfare work. I had experience of project-management, report-writing and strong written communication before. So I approached and wrote to the management of an NGO about my wish to volunteer against my skills but they replied that I had to submit Rs.3000 first for it :) Hence, from then onward I decided that I have to do things in my own capacity as a good human and good Muslim. There are so many things we can do for the society in our own way instead of formally signing up for organizations who are just taking funds from foreign countries to further their agenda instead of truly catering services to the country and its people.
- S Roman Ahsan.

No comments:

Post a Comment