Friday 15 November 2013

Martyrdom of Hussain (RA) - A Note:





Martyrdom of Hussain (RA) - A Note:

WE SHOULD NOT FORGET TO PAY TRIBUTE TO "TRUE MARTYRS" IN THESE TIMES:

Each Muharram, we forget that 1st Muharram is the day of martyrdom of Hadhrat Umar (RA) the second Caliph of Islam who was not only a strong force for Islam’s mission but his daughter was also married to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) himself….

Martyrdom of Hussain (RA) - A Note:

On the day of Ashura, the 10th day, Imam Husain's (ra) own person was surrounded by his enemies. He was brave to the last. He was cruelly mutilated. His sacred head was cut off while in the act of prayer. A mad orgy of triumph was celebrated over his body. In this crisis we have details of what took place hour by hour. He had 45 wounds from the enemies' swords and javelins, and 35 arrows pierced his body. His left arm was cut off, and a javelin pierced through his breast. After all that agony, when his head was lifted up on a spear, his face was the placid face of a man of God. All the men of that gallant band were exterminated and their bodies trampled under foot by the horses. The only male survivor was a child, Husain's son Ali, surnamed Zain-ul-'Abidin - "The Glory of the Devout." He lived in retirement, studying, interpreting, and teaching his father's high spiritual principles for the rest of his life.

Zain-ul-'Abidin says: "I understood that my father meant to inform us of his martyrdom, and tears almost choked me, but I controlled myself. I realized that a calamity was about to fall. However, my aunt Zaynab also heard what I had heard, and as she was a woman, and the women are tender-hearted by nature, and lose patience, she could not control herself. She got up suddenly and went before her brother without wearing a veil and said: "Oh! That I should become brotherless! I wish that I had died earlier. O successor of the deceased and O the refuge of the survivors! It is today that I am going to be left without mother, father and brother". On seeing his sister in a distressed condition Imam Husayn said: "Sister! Be patient lest Satan should make you lose your self-control".

No comments:

Post a Comment