Saturday 15 September 2012

"Broken Roads" by Roman



BROKEN ROADS

[By Roman Ahsan – Dec. 31, 2009]

I travel on the lonely road,
With sadness beneath me

The destiny remains too far,
With no one to comfort me

Cold winds strike my face,
Forgetting to forgive me

I heard there’s an island ahead,
That could perhaps amuse me

My horse suddenly neighs,
Just wanting to please me

Hark! I see a conjurer ahead,
That could prove to me

The clouds wither away,
Leaving little message to help me

The trees offer no fruit,
With leaves falling ahead of me

Why my Lord is not listening?
Maybe there’s something in store for me!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting poem that needs to be read more than once. I thought the last two lines the best, but that's my opinion. Now aside.You have Roman in your name. Somebody chose your name with care. It connects you to your poem. Well done.

    ReplyDelete