Friday 23 September 2022

PSYCHOLOGY TODAY - Is physical punishment good for kids?



 IS PHYSICAL PUNISHMENT BY PARENTS GOOD FOR CHILDREN?

[Don't forget to check the article link at the end of description below]

This is a topic which I have addressed many years back also in one of my emails (perhaps 2009). At that time, I copied a write-up by a Western PhD holder from Internet with due acknowledgement and sent it across (for a Non-profit cause). The article was not in favor of physical punishment for kids.

The next day someone who had been on my email list said to me in person that I sent that email without thinking. And further said that our Prophet (pbuh) in fact recommended disciplinary beating of children as it is fertile for them. 

We don't have solid proof that the relevant saying of Prophet (pbuh) is 100% authentic. And the whole context of those sayings should be known also.

Recently I came across another article which I am sharing with you. The findings by psychologists in this article carry much weight and again oppose the idea of physical punishment for kids along with alternative ideas on how to discipline them. Do study it yourself!

ARTICLE FROM BRIGHTSIDE - "Physical Punishment Ruins Children's Mental Health - Psychologists Say"

LINK: https://brightside.me/inspiration-family-and-kids/physical-punishment-ruins-childrens-mental-health-psychologists-say-799739/



No comments:

Post a Comment