Tuesday 25 April 2023

SMART THINKING - April 25, 2023

 


SMART THINKING - April 25, 2023

Smart thinking is needed not just at the workplace but in day to day matters also. On the second day of Eid, one of our relatives visited us and brought a bundle of six Coca-Cola bottles (one and a half liter). It's been ages since this hospitality custom ended due to awareness of harms of cold drinks. I myself take only a 250 ml bottle of soft drink just once a week since 20 years, even in Summers.

I told her that we could not accept that bundle but she insisted. So I kept it. But next day, yesterday, I sold that bundle to a general store at the same price of Rs. 780/- which the salesmen from Coke demand from store owners. They in turn charge the customers Rs. 900/- for the whole bundle or sell one bottle @ Rs. 150/-.

That way I did not have to keep the soft drink bottles. This is smart thinking 😊

Eid is over now and we are at the threshold of a new era. We have to fight to survive for "Tough times don't last but tough people do!"

- S Roman Ahsan.

No comments:

Post a Comment