Thursday 11 April 2019

A Summer Resolution - Drinking Cold Water




A SUMMER RESOLUTION - DRINKING COLD WATER

#health - I did not form any New Year Resolution but my Summer Resolution for year 2019 is to quit drinking cold water from refrigerator starting this summer. And to now just drink water of room temperature. Health is important for a lot of factors and for life in general. Cold water causes digestive problems in the long run leading to improper or irregular bowel movements. It's still going to be a challenge to resist cold water in summer and not an easy step. But I have to try my best and so far so good!

It all started with a post received last year on WhatsApp in which a Muslim Physician from the old times Bu Ali Sina was quoted as saying that drinking cold water can make you ill, if not in youth then definitely in old age. I only responded lightly to the sender then that I am already applying many limits to my eating patterns and drinking cold water in summer is something which would be difficult to give up at that stage.

Incidentally, I also came across the URL of a detailed article from a Western Page against drinking cold water on Facebook and reading it made me rethink as there was specific mention of cold water causing digestive problems apart from other issues of health. 

Finally, I decided in March 2019 that quitting cold water is best!

The Chinese in fact drink warm water (not even of room temperature) in Summers. Food for your thought!

- S Roman Ahsan.

No comments:

Post a Comment