Wednesday 16 May 2018

The helmet of Khalid ibn Al-Waleed (RA)


The helmet of Khalid ibn Al-Waleed (RA)

“The helmet of Khalid ibn Al-Waleed (Ra) fell off his head, so he shouted, ‘My helmet! May Allah have mercy upon you (people)!’ A man from his people who was from the Banu Makhzoom tribe picked it up and handed it to him, so Khalid ibn Al-Waleed(Ra) took it and wore it. Then afterwards it was said to him, ‘You were in such a condition in battle, and you insisted on finding your helmet!’ Khalid ibn Al-Waleed(Ra) said, ‘When the Prophet ﷺ shaved his head in the Farewell Hajj, I took some of his hairs, and he asked me, 'What are you going to do with those, O Khalid?' I replied, 'I will seek blessings from them, O Messenger of Allah, and I will seek their help in fighting my enemies,' so the Prophet ﷺ said to me, 'You will be victorious as long as they are with you,' so I kept them in the front of my helmet. I never confronted an enemy except that they were defeated with the blessings of the Messenger of Allah ﷺ.’ Then he fastened them with a red band… ”

[Imam Muhammad ibn ‘Umar Al-Waaqidi, Futooh Ash-Shaam]

FROM FACEBOOK PAGE: Hazrat Maulana Abdurahman JAMI - Rehmatullah Alahy

LINK: https://web.facebook.com/HazratMaulanaJami/

No comments:

Post a Comment