Friday 1 August 2014

For a change - Aug01,2014


FOR A CHANGE - AUG01, 2014

Assalam-o-Alaikum!
Belated Eid Mubarak to all! For a change, I am sharing my Facebook status written today. If it seems a sharing without any purpose, then I am successful. On the other hand, it carries a hidden message also. Last year in November, I took some photographs of the same village but could not post them on the blog but will do so soon in sha Allah. Anyhow, please check the status/message below and need to share some serious thoughts also later on. I am not sitting in any media group now but I use my limited analytical skills (basically from my experience in Qualitative Research and then from newspaper) to study an issue from different angles and of course insights drawn from the opinions of different media and subject experts.

"Back from spending two days in village Malikpur (near Pakpattan city) for Eid where my sister lives with her husband who is an agriculturist and owns a skeet shooting club there also. I did not want to go there since it is our usual practice on almost both Eid occasions every year but it was my parents' wish, so finally succumbed as there was no one else available who could drive the car. Yes, all that matters is whether we lived for others or not. But :), I lived for myself also there and enjoyed the hospitality of my sister and her family. Meeting cousins on such occasions is also a bliss. Plus, it is always a good change from the usual scene in Lahore and these trips refresh you. If I could, I would switch completely to a village and spend the rest of my life growing crops and leading a different life. Maybe it's easy to say this and one who is used to living in cities could get bored. Or perhaps not someone like me. Who knows? What do you think?"

No comments:

Post a Comment