Saturday 3 August 2019

Showbiz - How Allah guided me!



Showbiz - How Allah guided me!

I started my career in 1999 as a Research Executive in a small marketing research company (though with mostly big clients like Multinational firms from FMCG sector) with an adjacent advertising agency also. One day the ad guys asked me to pose for some in-house photo-shoots for mock-ups to be given to client and I agreed for free. Afterwards it became a regular practice for some period. One of the senior persons from the agency would say to me sometimes "You are very photogenic."

Anyhow, I did some in-house work for them for a short period and then they threw me an actual paid modelling offer. I thought over it and refused because I somehow felt that glamour world is no good and one can easily fall from the right path there (and more so). Secondly, I also said to myself that physical beauty is from the Creator (Almighty ALLAH) and we don't have a hand in it as regards any personal effort or brilliance.

Later on, after studying Islam I realized how right I was. Thankfully Allah guided me as modelling can lead to offers in other areas of showbiz also. Though we ourselves might have great interest in watching showbiz productions in the past but getting involved in the industry is totally different scenario.

We cannot claim to be on right path by travelling in two boats. Showbiz world is not one where a righteous Muslim belongs. It is not being conveyed that there are no righteous individuals in showbiz or that there are no good movies or dramas being made but overall one can easily get de-tracked from right path there, generally speaking and we see that in the current shameless trends of Pakistan's showbiz industry on overall basis.

May ALLAH guide us and protect us - Aameen.

- by S Roman Ahsan (August 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment