Tuesday 28 July 2015

1960s Hollywood and my father



1960s Hollywood and my father


Just finished an old Hollywood movie from the 1960s starring Rock Hudson with my father. My father was a Hollywood fan in his days and so I just tried to relax him today with memories from his days. It was a very rare occasion when we sat together in front of my laptop and had a treat together. Today movies have become so technical and hardcore, and simplicity is out. But of course good movies are still being made today. However, those old movies had a special "feel" about them and one goes down memory lane when such movies were telecast by our only local TV channel PTV in the 1970s and 1980s on Saturday and Thursday through "Saturday Night Special" and "Weekend Cinema". My father is going to Peshawar tomorrow morning on a special project for parachute gliding for his firm. Hope all goes well, in sha ALLAH.

- S Roman Ahsan.

No comments:

Post a Comment