AUTHENTICITY – DAROOD SHARIF ON JUMM’AH & FORGIVENESS OF SINS
DISCLAIMER: By sharing this information, the sender does not claim to be a better Muslim/better human being than anyone. The only objective is learning and re-learning
It was shared last week that reciting a particular Darood Shareef 80 times after Asar prayer on Jumm’ah can wipe off the sins of 80 years (plus the reward of 80 years of worship). Someone objected to it, hence some points given below in this regard after these Urdu images:
· This is not fabricated but based on hadith, which is pasted in many mosques in Pakistan. Booklets with collections of different Darood Shareef are also available in the market along with this particular information.
· There is no scarcity of treasures of mercy and forgiveness by Almighty ALLAH. Only we humans are ungrateful and careless.
· Recitation of 80 times of this Darood Shareef is for forgiveness of Minor sins (Sagheera Gunah) and not Major sins (Kabeera Gunah). However, Major sins are also forgiven by our Creator upon sincere repentance and resolve but that must involve a separate act of “Salaat al-tawbah” (the prayer of repentance). A relevant link here: https://islamqa.info/en/98030 (guidance can also be sought from sources and institutions in real life)
· Primary obligations or obligatory worship acts should not be neglected (like Salah 5 times a day etc. and Haqooq ul Abaad).
· Lastly, if some people still don’t believe in this then it is their own choice as we should try to verify any Islamic information from different sources or guides in real life. Then we should adopt what appeals to us after sincere attempts of seeking guidance. Foremost thing is with how much purity of heart we pray to ALLAH and recite Darood Shareef because forgiveness of sins lies entirely with ALLAH, and He is indeed Gracious and Merciful.
May Almighty ALLAH guide us to the right path. Rabbana taqabbal minna innaka antas samiul aleem – Aameen.