KASHMIRI WOMEN RAPED BY INDIAN SOLDIERS/ARMY IN KASHMIR - 23/24 FEB 1991
READ & LOOK at the UGLY FACE of INDIAN ARMY & its GOVERNMENT in HELD KASHMIR (Indian part of Kashmir): Pl read para (3) especially.
ALL WOMEN OF THE VILLAGE RAPED BY INDIAN SOLDIERS/ARMY. in Kashmir. (India)
On the night of 23/24 February 1991,
(1) Army personnel of 4 Rajputana Riflesentered Kunan Poshpora village withthe mission to cordon off and to find grenades. Instead, they caught all the men of the village, interrogated them and severely tortured them physically and emotionally to the extent of barbarism while the women of the village were raped irrespective of their age, at gun point. One of them had even delivered a child a few days ago.
(2) All were raped in front of their small children who looked on crying in horror while their mother was raped by beasts. On March 19th, a UK based newspaper ‘The Independent’carried a report titled,‘Indian villages tell of mass rape by soldiers’, based on narratives the reporters had heard in Kunan Poshpora.
(3) Among them was the story of a woman who was assaulted by six soldiers.“One by one, they raped me, while my five year old son was forced to watch, weeping beside the bed,” she told the paper. Almost all the women of the village were raped.
(4) The next morning when the men were released, they were shocked to see that their daughters, mothers, sisters and female acquaintances had been raped by the men in uniform. The whole village froze on that morning of 24th February, not because it was cold but due to the nature of the heinous crime which infected villagers with dead silence yet loud mourning.
(5) They wandered like madmen, crying on top of their voice still shaken up by the jolt to think of anything about their next step. How are people supposed to react when they are stripped off their dignity, that they have nurtured for years leaving them haunted with their own bleeding flesh?