Wednesday 8 June 2016

A Different Ramadan...



A Different Ramadan...

This Ramadan is the first one in my life that I am fasting alone in the house. Parents are old now - mother fasted all days last Ramadan but now she has been hospitalized some times since October 2015 and this year she also had severe complaints of angina due to which she was admitted in CCU of hospital. So this leaves me now. Last night, I got up "alone" at Sehr time, made an omelette, fried a DAWN paratha in non-stick pan and had everything with a glass of milk. Didn't feel any emotional for fasting alone and better get used to it. Drank water as soon as I got up at 2:45 AM and had another glass of water with a little milk (katchi lassi) before Sehr time ended at 3:20 AM. Then offered fajar at mosque and afterwards strolled around the nearby park enjoying and inhaling the fresh morning breeze while doing some zikr. And so life goes on....

- S Roman Ahsan.

No comments:

Post a Comment