Saturday 4 June 2016

R.I.P. Muhammad Ali


MUHAMMAD ALI, NO MORE

Muhammad Ali boxer, the legend, dies at age 74 (1942-2016). One of our childhood chapters closed. Sad news. He was one of the most recognized sports figures of the past 100 years and crowned "Sportsman of the Century" by Sports Illustrated. 

May he rest in peace, inna lillahe wa inna illaihi rajaeoon - A tribute to Ali below:














"I don't smoke but I keep a match box in my pocket. When my heart slips towards a sin, I burn a match stick and heat my palm. Then I say to myself: "Ali you can't bear even this heat, how would you bear the unbearable heat of Hell?"



After Malcolm X, another Muslim legend, Muhammad Ali, returns to Allah. The greatest boxer, but an even greater man who spoke truth to power and sacrificed his best years in the ring because he wasn't prepared to join the US's wars to kill innocent people.

We need more Muslims to have his spirit - fearless in the face of injustice, deeply caring about the oppressed and driven to be the best - Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajaeoon.


Palestine mourns Muhammad Ali. 

"I declare my support for the Palestinian struggle..." - Muhammad Ali.


May Allah have mercy on our beloved brother and grant him into the Highest of Jannah - Aameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment